Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace all the rubber and felt on my windows on my 65 Chevelle SS. Plus the chrome on the front and rear windows.

I'm haveing the car painted now, and the guy is pulling all the windows. Good time to do it.

Where can I get NOS or GM licenced parts, so as not to have to deal with the proper look /fit issue ?
Of course, no slamming any distributors. And I will also check with Ground Up.
Thanks in advance,
Jack

·
Registered
287 Posts
I used Original Parts Group, Year One, The Padock & NOS Reproductions. For my resto bits.

I found everything I needed (wanted
)and haven't had any real problems. I'm just not that "keen" on my door panels which are the assembled ones. The chrome plastic strips aren't up to what I would call Resto Quality.

I hope it helps.

------------------
The proud owner of a Hot Canadian 64-SS.
ZZ4 Powered with real attitude ! :)
Tech Gold Member #37

·
Registered
423 Posts
Jack;

The only word of caution I have has to deal with buying the clips for the trim. Most of the distributors want to sell them by the clip for around $1.50 each.

The manufacturer is a company called Au-Ve-Co and they have a web site. You have to buy the clips through a distributor and if you call Au-ve-co, they can hook you up with the local guy.

For my 64, I had to buy a box of 100 (part number 10244. It only cost around 15 bucks!!

Replace all the clips prior to re-installing the window.

Wes.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With so many horror stories out there about products not allowing you to close the door correctly, wrong fuzzies etc.. I was just hoping on getting a complete kit that is correct.
I guess I'll just have to ask each individual company if they sell original or what.

Wes, thats a good tip on the clips. Much better deal. Now all I have to do is search past articles and check the correct way to attach moulding.
Thanks,
Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.