Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the tailgate window lock is the same as a trunk lock or door lock or are they all the same theres several people selling them on ebay but can't tell me if they will work.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks pete it's a power window. 64 thru 67 would be the same I guess? The door key fits it so do you think it's the same as a door lock? I'm working on my instrument panel and thought I would put a new switch in so one thing leads to another.I coud tear it apart but I've got so much tore up already sheesh.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Thats good info. For the wagon guys. I guess I'll get the Ing. and door lockset and have the tailgate rekeyed. thanks
I think the doors, tailgate, ignition, AND glove box are all keyed the same on a wagon.
At least mine is...

·
Premium Member
17,401 Posts
I think the doors, tailgate, ignition, AND glove box are all keyed the same on a wagon.
At least mine is...
My doors/ignition and tailgate are too... I think the glove box is "supposed" to use the "trunk" key... I haven't tried mine, but don't know why else there would be a separate "trunk" key if NOT the glovebox...

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think maybe I'm useing the wrong terminology I was refering to the lock cylinder assembly I guess it would be called rather then the tumbler part of it.My original glovebox key was different it has a round head on it the outher 3 are the same. if I'm reading the service manual right it looks like trunk and glovebox are the same don't see anytheng about wagon. I think Pete was refering to the cylinder mechanism rather then the key? thats one of those expensive hard to find items.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts