Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my stock Malibu SS bucket seats with some kind of high back buckets, do to a medical condition (neck).
I was wondering which buckets would fit and feel pretty good. Thanks in advance.
Jack

·
Registered
722 Posts
An older (70s) Grand Prix had high backs that were tall and comfortable. good luck, Jay

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Jack-
Are you looking in the aftermarket or do you plan to scower junkyards? If aftermarket check with suppliers in Chevy High Performance that specialize with 'protouring' stuff. There are quite a few that sell VERY comfortable high back seats. If you plan to go through junkyards look in newer model say 80's Camaro seats or some sort of import models for seats. By the way, would you be interested in selling the 65 seats if/when you change? I got a friend whose looking for 65 seats. Send an email to me if you might sell them. My mail is(edited)***Thanks for the reply Jack, good Luck with your SS!***
So you could tell me the details, if not thats fine also.
Good Luck!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd

[This message has been edited by Steve D 64 SS (edited 06-09-99).]

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you are searching through wrecking yards... Look for late 70's Trans-Am. Some of them had recaro seats that were really comfortable with good support. I think they were a special order though, but I have seen two cars with them.

Good Luck

------------------
The proud owner of a Hot Canadian 64-SS.
ZZ4 Powered with real attitude ! :)
Chevelle Tech Gold Member

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be looking at the junk yards.
Any potential problems I should look for when sizing up the new ones if I find any??
Is it just a change of the hardware???
I just don't need to buy things that don't fit.
Thanks,
Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.