Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speedo works but odo is dead. With car being a/c there's a lot of congestion on back side of dash and wondered if it'd be easier to lower steering column and pull dash bezel loose to remove speedo/odo gauge or struggle with all the wiring and a/c duct. Clock is inop too so I need to get to it as well. Thought I'd ask someones opinion who's tackled the same problem. Is bezel simply attached with the 6 or so screws? Thx. :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My speedo works but odo is dead. With car being a/c there's a lot of congestion on back side of dash and wondered if it'd be easier to lower steering column and pull dash bezel loose to remove speedo/odo gauge or struggle with all the wiring and a/c duct. Clock is inop too so I need to get to it as well. Thought I'd ask someones opinion who's tackled the same problem. Is bezel simply attached with the 6 or so screws? Thx. :confused:
I want to replace the bezel on my SS non air so far I've removed the battery cable, Radio, heater control, drivers seat, ash tray assy. loosened the steering col., sheift linkage the bezel screws, Just to see, the bezel has six mounting boss's that bolt the gauage pack and grounds it to the bezel, Iam thinking that my bezel doesn't look so bad, its going to be a pain,you might want to duct tape you smart phone to the dash and use it as the odometer,lol...make room and pull the speedo wiring and speedo. Joe.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't believe the amount of people suggesting the same thing with the smart phone. The car was equipped w speedo/ odo and I have the ability to replace them so I'll do the job right. Should be able to pull bezel out after disconnecting a handful of parts. Thx for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts