Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered turn signal repair kit #NG6093 from Year One that looked the same but will not work with my non tilt, non cancel cam turn signal.
The entire unit is pretty much worn out. Are there many parts cars out there with the same set up? Is there another aftermarket source?

·
Registered
659 Posts
there are two different turn signal assemblies for the 65.

one is called "guide", the other is called something else (i forget). I think the difference is that one has a built in bearing. One is twice as expensive as the other. You might just have bought the wrong one.

I don't think you eill have any luck finding a used unit. If you do, it will probably be in bad shape anyway.

Take out your old one and call some of the suppliers (year one, OPG, NPD, etc.). Describe what you have and someone should be able to tell you which one you need.

------------------
Charles Perrell
[email protected]
65 malibu SS Convertible
283 2v powerglide

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I ordered the same part you did - my unit was a "Guide". It didn't seem to work, so I just used my old unit. You might be stuck ordering the more expensive part.
Good luck.
John
1965 Malibu

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
The other turn signal switch is stamped BPC right on the top of it. They will not interchange and I have been having trouble finding parts for my switch, plan on just ordering whole switch and changing it out this winter.

------------------
65 Chevelle SS conv

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I am going to order sw-6470 from True Connections for 63.95.
Price is not too bad and it looks like it will work better than sticking my hand out the window.
Burke

·
Gold Founding Member
3,081 Posts
I got one for my 64 at the NAPA store a few years back. About half the price of the restoration outfits. I always check there its amazing what is still being made (light and ignition switches too). Try there to see if you can get the other one at a better price then sell the "rare" one you have on ebay for twice as much!

------------------
OrrieG
64 Malibu HT Survivor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts