Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you really have a Malibu keep the 6 banger, in the long run it will be worth a lot more to a collecter. Then you can sell it and buy another car if you want to do the high HP thing. Just remember, everybody has the V8's and all the sixer's are parts cars now. E-mail me with a price, if you decide tro sell it.

·
Administrator
16,170 Posts
Jim, I am doing the same right now. These are the parts that I had to change: frame brackets that the motor mounts bolt to, the powerglide down shift linkage and the rod that went from the carb back to the linkage at the firewall. I found everything except the accelerator rod by posting ads here, purchased all the pieces and am very happy with all the transactions. One other piece I may have to use is the spacer that goes between the radiator and the support, the V-8's with the short pump had them and the six's didn't. The power steering pump and alternator will work but you need all new brackets for them and the A/C if so equipped. I've got the A/C stuff, brackets and compressor, and I don't think I'll be needing it. If you can get the V-8 with all the brackets it is easier than trying to put together a matched set.
You may want to keep the 6 stuff if it is original, the next owner may want it. Or you could decide to go back some day.

Ken, My car was originally a 283 which is what is going back in, did you want the install pieces or the engine?

------------------
Philip Valentine
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.