Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the board and looking forward to sorting out how I want our Malibu to progress. I'm looking for all the info I can to upgrade the suspension, disc brake, steering etc. Looks like all that should be in here!
The car was bought new by a Chevy dealer in the bay area for his wife. It's Cameo Beige, 283 power glide, tilt wheel, AC, and electric windows. It was a great find and has been a sorta daily driver for almost 15 years.
Lou

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Hi Lou... welcome to the site!

I also have a '65 Malibu SS, originally 283 PG, tilt wheel and A/C. (No electric windows.... that would be cool.) I do have power drum brakes (actually I DID have- changed to power disc all the way around.)

It is a fun car to work on (most of the time) and we all look forward to seeing pictures of the Sacramento Beast.

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Welcome to the site Louis :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Hello and welcome Lou. Glad to see a new flag member.

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
I'm sure our posting paths will cross. Welcome to a very informative sight. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My payment cleared so I can post a photo or two. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys have to offer here. I restored a 68 Z28 Camaro about 15 years ago and nothing was available. All you need now days is a water cooled check book!!
Lou

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
My payment cleared so I can post a photo or two. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys have to offer here. I restored a 68 Z28 Camaro about 15 years ago and nothing was available. All you need now days is a water cooled check book!!
Lou
COOL! Is it a 138... car?

·
Registered
71 Posts
welcome lou, you've got a sweet lookin ride there my friend. it looks like your options are endless. would like to see more photos sometime:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Welcome From Maine, Louis!!

Holy smokes, I was hoping to see another Cameo 65 SS on here.
What color interior do you have - looks like Medium Saddle also?

Send me some pics if you please.
This is a great site you have joined.....

Tom B.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello Tom,

I wasn't sure of the interior color but it is the same as yours, except mine is untouched in 43 years. I've attached a photo of the interior. I like the Cameo Beige color and it will remain that color.

Also, what is a 138 car?

Lou

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Hello Tom,

I wasn't sure of the interior color but it is the same as yours, except mine is untouched in 43 years. I've attached a photo of the interior. I like the Cameo Beige color and it will remain that color.

Also, what is a 138 car?

Lou
Hey Lou,
Yep, aside from the numerous extra options on your car and two extra cylinders -mine is pretty much the same.
I also like the Cameo beige color. At first it didn't strike me as a popular color, but I wanted a '65 and this one fit the bill. Since I bought it and finished it's restoration, it gets many sincere compliments on the color. It does stand out on a sunny day when surrounded by black, red and blue cars.
If you plan to re-do the interior the carpet, armrest pads, headliner and upholstery is available to match ours. The door panels might be tricky to find though. Although the general interior color is 'medium saddle' the panels might be 'fawn' color from the factory on our cars. I didn't have to replace mine since they were in good shape. I washed them with Murphy's Oil Soap & hot water, dried them carefully flat to prevent wrinkling, and then put some detailing spray shine on them. Almost good as new. The kick panels can be washed and detailed the same way. If the stains are too stubborn, then some Bulldog adhesion promoter spray, and SEM color matched rattle-can paint will do the trick.

And like Mike said....the '138' is the model designation portion of the VIN and trim plate and identifies it as an SS.

Your car looks pretty darn good inside for being 43 years old! I sure am envious of the tilt steering, my wheel rides as high as a Greyhound bus!
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts