Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 65 SS had some door and trunks seams that were not correct. Incorrect seems are subjective in that I was the only one who noticed them. Finally I could stand it no longer and took it to a body shop. My guess is that at one time in its 50+ years it sustained some damaged. To straighten a trunk seem is a big deal. If the gap from front to rear is not the same the 'adjustment' will vary depending on the amount of gap to be changed. To fix my gaps the rear quarter panels had to be cut and re welded, big job. What starter out as a quick adjustment has ended up in a full body restoration - not cheep with a complete repaint. So this is America and you can have it your way if you want. I get the car back next Friday and I'm looking forward to this summer with car shows to attend.
Cheers
Al

·
Registered
617 Posts
Good luck at the shows! :thumbsup:

-

After winning a few shows, including the Kamino Nationals, in the '90s, I took mine apart in '97. A little over a year ago I started restoration and reassembly.

Now that it's almost ready for paint, the doors don't line up right, fenders to cowl fitment is not what I remember, etc. The gremlins must have been busy!

And with the misfit / misshapen replacement stuff from the online parts houses, like the rear bumper I needed, it's a good thing I'm not going for show this time around! :smile2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts