Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of doing some wiring cleanup on my 65 elky and I can't read the sequence of amp ratings on the fuse block under the dash. Someone at some time got paint on it and when they cleaned it, the white identification paint came off.I looked in the owners manual and in the wiring diagram I bought for the car, but neither one shows the fuse block . I would appreciate if someone could explain the layout to me.I know there are not supposed to be 20amp fuses through the whole panel, like the potatohead before me put in. I would prefer no fires in the car. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I think this is the correct values and sequence. From top to bottom.
Radio---3A
Wiper---15A
Heater--10A Heat/A.C.---20A
Inst Lps--3A
Tail lps--15A
Backup/Brake/Signal--15A

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Elree,
I really appreciate the help. Kind of sad I spent 25.00 on a wiring diagram for the beast and it does not show the layout for the fuses with the amp values. She's comin along though.I just finished making a solid faced gauge panel for her and installed new autometer gauges.Looks pretty good. Still got a bit to do to the dash panel.I figured I would make my own insted of paying 300+ for a carbon fiber one.50.00 in materials and some elbow grease and wallah! Anyway , thanks for the help again.
Patrick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts