Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a gut trying to sell a 65 el camino for $4900. body in real good shape,very solid running,all stock. what you think,sounds a little high to me.

jeff

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Jeff: If your thinking of buying the car because you really like it then $4900 is not out of line, it's just a number. There are so many things that could make the car worth a lot more or less than that.If you can tell us a little more about it ie: what motor,trans(auto or 4spd)originality(how many owners)etc. then we could give you a better answer.I have a 64 and a 65 el camino,one cost $800 and the other $3250 both needed a lot of work.Have it checked out for sure for that money.Hope I helped a bit.

------------------
Ray{Surrey BC CAN}
65SS chevelle X 2
65 chevelle 2dr
65 el camino
64 el camino
etc.
team #241 gold
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/7757

[This message has been edited by 65ss (edited 01-23-2000).]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WELL LIKE I SAID THE BODY IS IN VERY GOOD SHAPE(BEEN STORED FOR THE LAST 11 YEARS)COULD NOT FIND ANY RUST AT ALL. INTERIOR IS ORIGINAL, EVERYTHING IN GOOD SHAPE JUST OLD!! THE ENGINE LOOKS LIKES ITS NEVER BEEN TOUCHED, MEANING DIRTY NOT MANY WRENCHES PUT TO IT..IT STARTS UP AND SOUNDS VERY GOOD...AND YES I DO LIKE IT BUT CAN WAIT IF THE PRICE IS TO HIGH...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well all I can add Jeff is it sounds like it would be a super investment because as you know there are not that many around and you will always recover your money as long as you don't go nuts on it.I love my 65 327 4 speed. Good luck and enjoy

------------------
Ray{Surrey BC CAN}
65SS chevelle X 2
65 chevelle 2dr
65 el camino
64 el camino
etc.
team #241 gold
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/7755

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well all I can add Jeff is it sounds like it would be a super investment because as you know there are not that many around and you will always recover your money as long as you don't go nuts on it.I love my 65 327 4 speed. Good luck and enjoy

------------------
Ray{Surrey BC CAN}
65SS chevelle X 2
65 chevelle 2dr
65 el camino
64 el camino
etc.
team #241 gold
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/7755

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like a lot, but then again rust-free bodies are hard to come by (at least here in Wisconsin - we're lucky to come across a rust-free mid 80's car much less a mid 60's one!) A guy could easily spend a few grand replacing floors and door skins and quarters etc...My point being that I'd rather spend $4k on a solid rust-free car to start with than spend $1500 on one that needs a bunch of new sheet metal!

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
Jeff, My 64 is considered a condition 4, with 5 being a parts car and 1 show quality. It is appraised at $2700. It needs complete interior and paint. The body is straight and rust free. The original engine and trans have been replaced with 66 Chevelle units. All the trim is intact and in good shape as is all the glass. It was running when I got it. You didn't say what engine or trans is in it. Decide what it is worth to you and make an offer. Like John said, sheet metal is expensive, unless you can do that kind of work. You don't want to know what I paid for mine.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
37 Posts
JEFF
If its what you want go for it. The price sounds decent to me if it is really a solid rust free car/truck.
When I bought my rusted old 66 ElCamino I thought I could buy replacement quarters, however I found out you cannot. It has turned into a bunch of work, although it is a labor of love. What Im trying to say is it might not be too bad of a deal. And as someone else said they dont make new 65 ElCamino's anymore
good luck

Jeff Palazzolo
66 ElCamino
St Louis Mo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.