Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the frame of a 65' El Camino. What other A-Body frames could be used? I know that El Camino and Station Wagons have the same overall length. Is the wheel base the same for sedans? If so, could I lengthen the sedan frame for the rear bumper? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think you have to use a El Camino or a wagon frame because they are boxed, most sedan frames are not boxed, the convertable frame is boxed but I don't know if it will work.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Enganeer, The station wagon frames are not boxed like the El Camino and Convertible frames. You will need a boxed frame to do it right. 64elcamino, a regular poster on this site has a spare elky frame(64ithink) that he said he was willing to part with, but he may have already let it go cause someone was interested in it. Find one of his posts and e-mail him. He is in Arizona, which may be too far for you. Hope this helps.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten.

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
I still have it, but as Leo said I'm in AZ. Not impossible to ship. If interested I can get some shipping quotes.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Gold Member #42
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.