Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read some of the posts on door panels but i got a couple questions. They are 66 door panels going on a 65. they will fit, there is just a couple problems. the cutout for the window crank is cut out on the cardboard but not the vinyl. so what is the best way to take care of that? also the screw holes along the bottom? they aren't there that i know of. whats the best install method.
thanks
josh

·
Super Moderator
15,882 Posts
Cutting through the vinyl is easy. Use a hobby knife with a new blade. Cut the vinyl from the back side so if you slip all you will do is nick the cardboard.

Once you know where you want the screw holes in the bottom (measure twice, cut once!) simply drive the screws into the board and screw them through to the hole in the door itself. the cone shaped washer on the correct trim screws will keep you from tearing up the vinyl when the screw tightens down. To help it all out and to avoid over stressing the vinyl, you could put a little soap on the threads of the screws and/or drill SMALL pilot holes through the door panel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the delayed message, i've not been able to check this for a few days. I want to put the 66 panels on the 65 because i bought the 66 panels new for my 66, but i am still in the process of restoring her. I had my 402 sitting on an engine stand and i had to find something to put it in so i bought a 65 to drive while i do the 66 right and the 65 needs door panels so i seen no sense in letting a good set of door panels sit around for a few years. Thanks for replies. I'll cut carefully and measure 3 times

Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts