Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to install a new dash bezel last night and realized there may be something missing. It seems like the top of the bezel slides on to something and I think that something may be missing. Anybody familiar with what I'm talking about. The car came without a bezel, so I don't have the old installation to go by.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mike, there is a metal strip that slides over the top of the bezel that makes it possible to screw the bezel to the dash. It has holes the match the screw holes in the bezel! Hope this helps!
Mark

------------------

<A HREF="http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/Mark50265ss-7" TARGET=_blank>65 MalibuZZ502/200R4/9inch
</A> 1 2 3 4
The 502
1 2 3
72SS/402/T400
97 Chevy Tahoe/Whipple Supercharged

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Mark 502 IS right on the MARK (Pun intended) LOL, it is a strip like he says that goes along the top of the panel and has holes to match the ones in the plastic, it's also got a 90 degree bend that's about 1/8" on one edge and some dimpling to provide some stiffening. You can find them in both the 64/65 cars. Should be easy to make one if you cannot find a good donor.

------------------
'65 Maliblue 406SBC/PG TC #811
'94 Camaro 1LE (original owner)
'97 HD Softtail Springer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
I found a great one at the wrecking yard. I bought the bezel new and like so many reproductions, it didn't come with what is needed to install it. I wish when these companies make reproductions, they include the screws and other small items.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.