Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey quick question?

Am I going to have to add metal to the rear of the inner rear wheel well to get it to cover the body mount properly? These are from OPGI, any body with similar problems? Of course I know they don't make convertible wheel wells, but body mount attachment should be the same, Right?

Mike

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
on my 65 conv i plan on cutting out a section(from 64 parts car) and fitting it. otherwise i would buy a coupe inner wheelwell and section it out. attachment will be the same as it welds to the lip of the body brace. you can fab it out of a piece of similar material too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm glad you posted up. I just got done installing inner and outer wheelhouses on my '64 convt. I have the exact same problem on both sides of the car. You are not alone. I have seen this many times. I'm going to graft metal in that area. Don't understand why the aftermarket doesn't get this problem solved. I used Goodmark quarters, wheelhouses and trunk floor drop offs. They all fit terrible and required lots of work. :sad: The 1-piece trunk floor from Dynacorn fit like a dream. :thumbsup: Small amount of trimming on the driver's side where it met up with the outer wheelhouse. The trunk floor drop offs fit the trunk floor and wheelhouse fine, but not to the quarter. Oh well, what do you expect with these Taiwan stampings. It's coming out OK, but it's taking a lot longer to make everything fit together nicely than I had hoped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts