Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions about the throttle linkage on my 65 chevelle. First does anybody know where I can get new bushing for the throttle linkage mine has alot of slop in it? Second I have a small block in my car with a victor jr. intake manifold, because of the taller intake I have very little peddal to play with. I have tried to adjust the rod & this just messes everything up, any solutions?

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
You can buy a conversion kit from Summit to change to a cable from the linkage rod. I think this is the way I'm going to go on my 64. I haven't been able to find the correct rod to use with a 4 bbl and aluminum manifold.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Hoffa, I have the identical problem. There are bushings avail , I've seen them on a friends cherry 66. I can't find them. I'm probably going the same route as 64 elky. My next mani is real funky in fit. I was going to use a cable from a mid-70's Chevy.

Phil, are you referring to the high dollar Lokar setup or a modest cost Summitt setup. If so can you reference a page or part#? The Lokar set is too "billet looking" for my stocker.

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
I was going to go with the low dollar more stock looking set up. I don't have my catalog here at work so I'll get the #'s when I get home. I am working on a 68 Camaro right now and the interesting thing is the way the cable mounts on it. I think it was the first year. The old pivot bracket hole is still there but it is covered with a plate and the cable is just fed thru the firewall from the outside and secured with a sheet metal screw. It is my sisters car so I can remove the pieces and do a trial fit. Seems real simple and it would be parts that have easier availability. I'll let you know more as I figure it out. I like using GM set ups and only do after market as a last resort.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
162 Posts
I picked the rubber carb linkage bushings from Hinshaw's. The plastic ones which go in the firewall lever are available too, I know there is a picture in the Year One catalog. --- Carl

[This message has been edited by Carl Brune (edited 08-21-99).]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ive seen these grommits in a parts catalog called muscle factory there only about 5 dollars the catalog is at work ill get it tonite and ill post the number and address tommorro unless someone eles gets to it before me.Ive also seen these grommits in other chevelle catalogs you just have to look close as they are small of coarse! later ,POPS

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Hye Hoffa, just an FYI, one of the other fellas, Canuck64SS, used threaded rod to replace the Oe rod. I;ve seeen this on a buds 68 Camaro as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Hoffa,
If your talking about the rubber gromment that sits on the carb arm and attaches to the linkage arm, you can replace it with a really neat busing made by TD. It's part # 2341.mgg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hoffa, muscle factorys number is 1-800-762-0317 or 714-635-2314 the accelerator rod grommet is a wopping $2.95.Buy the way did you convert from a two barrel carb?if so there is a longer accelerator rod you can buy for this set up its made for stock 4 bbl motors ,if not I would think the threaded rod would work fine. later POPS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.