Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never owned a 65 before and I would like to put bigger / different wheels and tires on my new car. I am interested in knowing how large of a tire will fit. It has the stock suspension, and probably needs the springs replaced as it sits pretty low in the rear. Also, it would be great if someone could post some pics with some specs so I could see what they look like. Thanks. I am glad to have found this forum.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I have 17" ralleys on my car.

They almost look like they're supposed to be there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have 15x8 chrome rallies on mine with P245/60R-15's and they fit great with the orig rear. I put a 70 12 bolt which is about 1.5" wider and had to modify the wheel lip a bit for clearance. I think they are Wheel Vintiques with a 4.5" backspace if I remember right.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

What size tire? What is your backspacing?
I have some 14" rallys on it right now but they look way too small on the car.

Wheel vintiques 16X7 4" bs fronts and 16X8 5" bs rears.

Rear tires are 255/50/16, Completely fill the rear wheel wells with no rubbing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheel vintiques 16X7 4" bs fronts and 16X8 5" bs rears.

Rear tires are 255/50/16, Completely fill the rear wheel wells with no rubbing.

I really like the sound of that. Should my Chevelle have the same clearance as your wagon?

I think that size rim and tire would look good on my car. I want to replace the springs because they appear to be worn out. It sits too low for my taste.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Should be the same, you could go a little bigger if you roll the lip of the quarter............ but I wanted to retain my wheel trim.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't want to bend anything around on the car, it is pretty darn clean and I like the wheel well molding as well. Thanks for the info. I am now on the hunt for some new wheels and tires!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
I have 275 60 15 on my chevelle 5inch bs.15x8 ralleys.on my mino 17x8 4.5 bs 245 45 17s.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
blumont,

Do you have a stock suspension / springs? Do you have any other mods that would help you (or limit me) in putting that combo on mine? The stance that your car has is exactly what I am looking to get for mine.

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
blumont,

Do you have a stock suspension / springs? Do you have any other mods that would help you (or limit me) in putting that combo on mine? The stance that your car has is exactly what I am looking to get for mine.
Basically a stock suspension although my body mount bushings might be a little thin and need replacing

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
225/55/16

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, it looks like 15x8 in rims with 255/60s will fit....BUT with what backspacing? 5"??

I am ready to place an order and I want to make sure I order the correct size. I am having them mounted, balanced, and shipped to me. If you guys don't have 5inch backspacing, then could you please let me know what the BS is? Thanks.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, I was going to order 15x8 TT2s with 255/60s on them with a 5" BS based on the information you guys were kind enough to share with me. I was told by the company I was ordering from that standard BS for that wheel is 3.75". At that BS I don't think there is any way I could use an 8 inch rim or that tire. Do you guys know what rims come standard with enough BS for me to use the above tire and rim size?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts