Team Chevelle banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,

How rare was deluxe seat belts in the 65 Chevelle? I found a set of front seat belts in a 65 4 door Chevelle. Funny thing was it didn't have any in the rear seat area.

Thanks,
Dwaine
66SS

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich,

Thanks for the reply. I must say they are more pleasing to the eye than the 66 deluxe belts.

I guess it must be all the buckle chrome and the yellowish gold metalic label with blueish colored coach. It was the first time I really took a close look at the 65 deluxe belts. Thanks again.

Dwaine
66SS

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Id like to see them too. Mine are as Rich described. I collected new ones for my 65 SS convertible resto. My car has the rear deluxe belts, but they were in very poor condition hence thier replacement. I found in my search for nice belts that they seemed to be more common in Pontiacs.I also found a set in a Corvair at the local salvage. Thats good because it broadens the availability for our Chevelles.

[This message has been edited by BAD415 (edited 08-27-2002).]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rich, Bad

Hey, guys thanks for the replies. Heck, maybe I don't know what a 65 deluxe belt is or looks like??? I know you Rich would have a fairly good knowledge of the 65 cars accessories etc. I might mention I had seen a couple of NOS 65 deluxe buckles go on Ebay sime time back (8-10 months ago) for a chunk of change. If my memory serves me at all anymore a corvette guy was selling them. They also were yellowish gold with blue coaches.

The 65 these came out of was a factory AC, 4 door, 283/PG with a light tan exterior and two tone tan cloth seat interior. Again, what do I know. I can break out the camera and snap a couple shots. Maybe you all can set me straight after you see them.

PS. Any idea if a 65 factory AC dash is worth anything. Dash is complete unmolested and the compressor & brackets etc. are in the trunk. The SB is gone.

Dwaine
66SS

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys,

Sorry for the delay I am working some late night hour for the next two days. I have never loaded pics on this site. I will a pic of them to you directly if you like. Let me know your email addresses and I will send tomorrow afternoon. After you get them you can load them here if you like for others to debate? Anyway tomorrow if you all don't mind.

PS. One TC member seen them and said they were deluxe belt buckles. He mentioned 65 standard buckle do not have a coach on them. Again what do I know other than the 65 chevelle I pulled them out of, I'm a 66 guy.

Dwaine
66SS

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rich, Bad,

Guys, you have mail with pics attached. Now you 65 guys can enlighten me on what I actually have here.

Thanks,
Dwaine
66SS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts