Team Chevelle banner

65 chevelle crew cab

3K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  OLDED 
#1 ·
I have a chance to pick this ugly but solid 65 4 dr. The paint is horrible as it was done by a guy in his 80s. Anyway it is pretty solid and has a 283 with a power glide. A relative has it asking 4k solid. I’m thinking about it for a sleeper. What’s it worth?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle cover

See less See more
#3 ·
It'll buff out..... :eek:

#4 ·
As little as you can get it for but I'd say its worth all of that 4 with a fair amount more over that .
Consider: ALL of these cars may skyrocket in the next 10/15 years relative to the previous 10/15 because
More and more this electric BS is coming combined with the simple fact that there continues to be less and less of these 60's gems should = up up

#12 ·
I paid close to 3 for mine with a lot of junk in the trunk, no interior, and missing trim pieces. That one looks a little bit better off although I would quickly get rid of the john deere green job.

Just note the rear glass is different between sedan and coupe if you do purchase it and are looking for the trim. Sedans are rounded, coupes have sharp corners. It's weird.

#16 ·
Congrats!
At 4K you bought a ton of fun! I'd give it a better paint job and use it as-is as a summer daily driver that you don't have to worry about.

Reactions: shovelrick
#18 ·
Congratulations! Love the car, and you got a great deal!
We're you working on the engine when you took that picture? Just wondering, because you have an open vacuum port on the carburetor, and what looks like an unplugged vacuum hose for your transmission's modulator valve. I can't tell if the PCV hose is hooked to anything or not. If you didn't do that, it will definitely run better once you get that taken care of...

#19 ·
I didn’t do anything to it but take the air cleaner off. I noticed the hoses and ports too. It needs some little stuff like that. Guy I got it from doesn’t really understand engines. Part of why I got it for the price I did. That engine and trans were both fresh builds. Not by him.. It ran hot getting it home (230) but there is no shroud on the radiator and I think that may be part of the reason

#22 ·
Thanks fellas! I have a 66 SS and so I’m pretty familiar with this chassis. I’ve been looking for something to LS swap. This may be the candidate. I’m thinking of my wife to cruise. Paint has to get addressed before she will be seen in it though. Lol it has been named the “Pickle “ . If I did the LS turbo thing we may have to change that to the “spicy pickle“

#23 ·
Very cool! I oft wonder if a more door actually makes a better drag platform due to it being a freckle longer ? Plus, dang, you could set back the engine to near under the dash on engine plates and get in the back door!

Reactions: shovelrick
#26 ·
I didn’t recall a pvc either. They have the port on the back of the manifold which I believe would be the draft tube running in to the air cleaner housing with a rubber hose. It’s the 3/8 hose on the pass side of carb. I’m gonna eliminate the pvc crap.

#27 ·
.... I’m gonna eliminate the pvc crap.
I'm not an emissions guy, but I would honestly try to talk you in to keeping it. It's there for a reason. You should have a clean air source on one side of the engine and PCV on the other. This helps draw clean air through the crankcase and pull vapor/blow by/contaminants out to be burned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.