Team Chevelle banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks fellas! I have a 66 SS and so I’m pretty familiar with this chassis. I’ve been looking for something to LS swap. This may be the candidate. I’m thinking of my wife to cruise. Paint has to get addressed before she will be seen in it though. Lol it has been named the “Pickle “ . If I did the LS turbo thing we may have to change that to the “spicy pickle“

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Very cool! I oft wonder if a more door actually makes a better drag platform due to it being a freckle longer ? Plus, dang, you could set back the engine to near under the dash on engine plates and get in the back door!

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
10,999 Posts
Did 65's have PCV? I thought a Draft Tube or something? I had a few 65 Impalas 327 and don't remember any PCV when swapping heads, My 65 SS vert had a 73 350 & PCV Edit don't remember LOL it was in 76-77

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
2,577 Posts
Very cool! I oft wonder if a more door actually makes a better drag platform due to it being a freckle longer ? Plus, dang, you could set back the engine to near under the dash on engine plates and get in the back door!
I vote yes. :geek:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I didn’t recall a pvc either. They have the port on the back of the manifold which I believe would be the draft tube running in to the air cleaner housing with a rubber hose. It’s the 3/8 hose on the pass side of carb. I’m gonna eliminate the pvc crap.

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
2,577 Posts
.... I’m gonna eliminate the pvc crap.
I'm not an emissions guy, but I would honestly try to talk you in to keeping it. It's there for a reason. You should have a clean air source on one side of the engine and PCV on the other. This helps draw clean air through the crankcase and pull vapor/blow by/contaminants out to be burned.

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,991 Posts
YES, YES, YES. Keep the PCV!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts