Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still looking for alt/power steering brackets for my 65 Chevellle. I am going to have headers tall valve covers, power steering, and evetually air conditioning. I am looking for a stock or aftermarket bracket solution. So far I have found one from Bills Hot Rod parts in CA that will work but moves the alt inboard of the drivers side valve cover. I prever to move it outbd of the valver cover. The header manufactures just make one Z shaped sheet metal one that has no provisions for power steering and reported to break. Bill at Bill's Hot rod parts told me he is looking into it, but as of today does not have anyting that will work. The Corvette bracket which mounts to the drivers side head looks like a promising setup but I don't know if it will work with my short water pump. Does anyone know of a good low cost simple solution to this age old problem.

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey WT,
My 65 is A/C,PS,PB and auto with 300HP/350 and short water pump; Been there done it. Stock power steering brackets will work as is. Just don't try to tension the belt when the headers are hot! Use a TD # 9234 (Z bracket) or similiar and spot weld the stock upper PS mount to it after you bolt it to the front header tube and check the belt adjustment bracket alignment on the PS pump. You'll need a longer alt arm such as TD # 9079 or similiar, and a longer belt for the alt. The stock lower alt bracket will bolt right to the Z bracket. Not hard or $$. E-mail me if you need more. I think I may have some engine bay pictures. mgg

[This message has been edited by Manny Gomez (edited 11-12-99).]

[This message has been edited by Manny Gomez (edited 11-12-99).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.