Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I thought I had all my bases coveredd when I bought the side support springs but.....the springs in the front bottoms of my seats are almost all broken. Can these be welded or will they warp like coil springs when you heat them? I would like to avoid replacing the entire bottom spring section because i've heard the aftermarket stuff just does not fit right. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
187 Posts
hello, i had the same question. my topic was are seat springs repairable.. i wanted to weld mine..someone posted that they will become brittle. i think ill go with repros.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I repaired several of the springs in my front buckets. Ace hardware had some brass tubing slightly larger than the spring material. I cut short sections of it, slid it over the broken ends and crimped the ends to help hold it in place. Just about like butt splicing 2 wire ends together.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Over the last few years I have redone a 65 and 66 Chevelle. Both cars had broken springs and the 66 was also rusted to a point where I decided to only use the seat frames. We purchased new seat bottoms and backs for both cars, the shop installed the springs in the 65 and I installed the 66 springs. Both fit nice the only complaint I had was the seat seems to set high for a while until broken in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts