Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 65 has always sat slightly higher in the front than the rear. I fully expected the stance to change when I replaced the springs, but regretfully this did not occur. Barring air-shocks, is there a way to lift the rear about two inches that doesn't involve a floor jack...
Also, I believe JCWhitney sells an extra high spring that raises either front or rear 3 to 4". Can these be cut down to 2" or do you have to cut rear springs by the coil count? Ie one complete coil at a time.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I just replaced my suspension with a combination of hotchkis and global west stuff. The back of my car was level before, but now is higher in the rear. I got the global west 12" disk brake conversion w/ spindles that lower the front about 1". I used global west springs front and rear. when I put the rear springs on, they really increased the height in back. They are supposed to be stock height or maybee 1/4" drop, but a lot stiffer. since my old springs were pretty weak, the back end came up at least 2".

You might think about getting the global west (or similiar) rear springs. You can also get dropped front springs or spindles with 2" or more drop.

Hope this helped,

------------------
Charles Perrell
[email protected]
65 malibu SS Convertible
283 2v powerglide

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Put new Moog coils on my 65. Probably took 150 lbs out of the motor after a couple of months figured the thing was not going to settle so I cut a coil out of the fronts. Front is 1 inch higher than the rear last fall, haven't checked it this year.

------------------
1965 Chevelle
Maroond

Maroon 65

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.