Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a65 AM radio to replace the Sparkomatic AM/FM radio that was in the car. It has 3 tabs in the back corner of the radio. I can't find anything on the rest of the internet as to what each tab is for and the connector on the car is no longer there. Do any of you know the purpose of each tab? I am assuming one is hot, one is ground, and one is speaker, but then maybe ground is the case and two are speakers? Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
-----edit---/---//-/

Disregard previous info...

Turn the radio around so the rear faces you. The 3 connections will be on your right and the antenna plug hole on the left

Now, as you are looking at the connectors left to right...

A B C

A=ground return for speaker

B= speaker +

C= 12 volt power input

Case of radio is ground connection for power.

Do not use a speaker rated at less than 8 ohms.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just got a65 am radio to replace the sparkomatic am/fm radio that was in the car. It has 3 tabs in the back corner of the radio. I can't find anything on the rest of the internet as to what each tab is for and the connector on the car is no longer there. Do any of you know the purpose of each tab? I am assuming one is hot, one is ground, and one is speaker, but then maybe ground is the case and two are speakers? Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you!
thank you!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts