Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Azure Aqua lower, Ermine White Top

Votes: 8 57.1%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, The car is going into the body shop on monday :hurray: . My question is, what do you think about the two tone. This car is a resto-mod. I kinda like the idea, the wife is questionable. It originally was ermine white top (936), azure aqua (medium aqua 918) bottom. I still have the stainless steel separator that went along with it. I have only been able to find one picture of the two tone 64. The color code for it was 959. Does anyone here have a picture of one, or know of a link. I kinda want to do it due to the fact that it would be different, semi original. This is for me, not for value, not for restoration. Im cool with all Azure, or two tone.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Bill, Are you actually from Little Rock, or just put that cause its close to where you are from. My dad grew up in Holley Grove. It is out kinda by Stuttgart. I went back after last xmas and the town has pretty much dried up and nearly blown away in the cotton dust. Even back in '95 it was still a nice little town. It pretty much got its death march papers when they removed the rail back in the 70's? and a highway was put in north of the town. It is located in the eastern side of Ark. near HWY 366, 17, 86 and 146 all come together. I still have family in Sheridan.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Then I voted for all blue....

Two tone looks good but more than the roof must be painted. And it doesnt look great on every car.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the pictures that are in the links. It gives me some more idea about where the seperation lines are and all.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Rod....your trim tag should show 988 for the Azure Aqua / Ermine White two-tone. I'm assuming your interior is color is aqua, also. If you need some installed-but-never-used aqua interior stuff, let me know. I pulled all mine out after purchasing the 64. I'm putting it back to the original light blue color.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Hey Bill, Are you actually from Little Rock, or just put that cause its close to where you are from.
LR city limits is right across the highway from me.:sad: I was 7 miles outside the city, but it's grown all the way here. I hate the city. :mad:
I've been through Holly Grove before on my way to duck & dove hunt years ago.
BillL

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,152 Posts
Take a look at the pic of my 65. I cant imagine what it would look like if it had a tan top? And my code calls for a tan top...

But I do know I like the looks better with the white top up and any award I have ever gotten for the car was with the white top up, and it does get more looks with the top up. I have never gotten an award when I showed it with the top down.

Just something for you to think about...

But I must say if Mama likes something a certion way...then you gotta remember she always right even if shes wrong!
Its your vehicle, so do what you want is the end result in my eyes. No matter what you do you will grow to love your Chevelle!!! Good Luuck

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rod....your trim tag should show 988 for the Azure Aqua / Ermine White two-tone. I'm assuming your interior is color is aqua, also. If you need some installed-but-never-used aqua interior stuff, let me know. I pulled all mine out after purchasing the 64. I'm putting it back to the original light blue color.
Your right, my tag does say 988, not sure why i put 959. BTW, with your aqua interior stuff, do you have the kick panels, mine are really badly faded, otherwise my interior is just about all new, I got all new stuff just before I decided to do the ground up resto-mod on it. Also if you have the plastic caps for the tops of the door latch area (windlace caps) and they are blue I would love to have those. I have replacement ones that are black. Other than that I appreciate the offer.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Sorry...can't help with the small items or kick panels. :sad: They are the original blue. What I have are front bucket and rear seat covers, front and rear door panels, rear package tray and carpet. All in Aqua.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
But I do know I like the looks better with the white top up and any award I have ever gotten for the car was with the white top up, and it does get more looks with the top up. I have never gotten an award when I showed it with the top down.
I have heard that a car being judged at a show will not be scored well with the top down. I know people that put it up right before judging.Then put it right back down after. The owners and most of us like em topless.:yes:

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,152 Posts
I have heard that a car being judged at a show will not be scored well with the top down. I know people that put it up right before judging.Then put it right back down after. The owners and most of us like em topless.:yes:
Some shows require the verts to have all tops down. Seamed a little silly to me. But I guess it shows how serious some of this car showing business is. I enjoyed showing my car the first year or so, and not so much for me after my first award, but for others to see and enjoy, but soon found it not that much fun.
But I really enjoy the all CHEVELLE shows that for sure and always will... but living where I do, does not allow me to get to many of them very often. And to add most shows around me are participant voting and not the serious stuff!

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I enjoyed showing my car the first year or so, and not so much for me after my first award, but for others to see and enjoy, but soon found it not that much fun.
I think if not for my 8 year old son showing a big interest in the shows. I would have less interest in going. For 2 years now he's been my sidekick,and has places he looks forward to returning.:cool:

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,152 Posts
I think if not for my 8 year old son showing a big interest in the shows. I would have less interest in going. For 2 years now he's been my sidekick,and has places he looks forward to returning.:cool:
I agree... my son was about 11 when I was restoring my 65 vert...taking him along to any show to this day if my car goes or not is a good feeling and also bringing some of his friends along to see the show cars to me is what its all about for me these days... I am hoping they get something out of the shows...you never know with kids how things will turn out, If they dont go they dont know!... crap about the old stuff if you know what I mean?

But these kids know their way around other stuff that come natural to them like putr,s and such.

Anyhow, he will be 16 this summer and now has his own 65 to do what he wants after I help give him his start...I sure hope there is some commom sense in his brain that I dont see!!!!

O'well, kids will only be kids once... so I guess it will be interesting to see how and what things he does with the car good or bad, I GUESS. Wish us luck as I wish any of you folks luck with your familys and these old cars that can be so much fun!

Dan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts