Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this car up a couple months ago. Small block with a power glide . This car sat 18 years. A new tank was installed and new duals. I drove it 250 miles home and it purred like a kitty. It came with all the stuff to convert the front drums to disc as well. That will be done in the next couple of months. Here she is when I got it. Red on red original ss car.

I am changing the interior to black as it needed to be replaced anyways. I can not stomach red interior. And red on red is to much red for me.

While I was at it the trunk pan seen it's better days like most of these old cars so here is pics of this as well

Plans are to reassemble the interior and drive awhile before I pull the engine to detail the engine compartment. And the engine...maybe cam upgrade etc have to see. I may be painting the body as well this winter or I may drive it as is awhile. Have to see how it sitting by then.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does your 64 Chevelle have the metal dash like my 64 Elky? Did you just sand and spray paint? I believe mine had a god awful read interior at one point too. Somebody sprayed it but it's rough at best

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks I do like it it's not perfect needs some love. And the dash was just sanded down and sprayed base clear. Has a little orange peel near the windshield. But hey it's a driver not building a show car it turned out nice

·
Premium Member
6,476 Posts
Very nice car :thumbsup:

What brand interior did you go with?

How do you like your repro instrument cluster?

Marcus

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks sir I haven't installed any interior yet I hope in a couple weeks to start. My buddy is working on 1/4 patches now. And pui interior

·
Premium Member
6,476 Posts
The reason I asked about the dash cluster/bezel is that I installed a new repro for some years ago it is almost perfect except two marks under the chevrolet text.
Heres a picture not sure you can see what I mean. If your is better in that area what brand? I would change mine directly if they are better now.

Marcus

·
Premium Member
6,476 Posts
I can see it I dont think mine has those flaws I hope to install mine on Sunday I will let you know
Perfect :beers:
Im holding my thumbs. Let me know how your looks.

Marcus

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got a little done today. I need to connect the factory sending unit for the oil pressure Gauge and a couple other things. But here is a before and after pic.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looking great! Cannot wait to see the finished interior:thumbsup:

I miss my 64SS:(

·
Premium Member
6,476 Posts
Looks very good!
:thumbsup:

Marcus

1 - 20 of 36 Posts