Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Its worth every penny of the price, try finding a car and building one yourself. The mistake the seller made was he started with the wrong year. If it was a 66_67 or a 70 it probably would have sold. Jim

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
Are the trunk and tail light die cast pieces reproduced? The ones on the car look horrible.

·
Premium Member
7,223 Posts
Are the trunk and tail light die cast pieces reproduced? The ones on the car look horrible.
No they are not reproduced, nos or used in better condition is they easiest way. Ausleys had some nos 2 years ago when I was searching for a set for my 64 ended up with used in almost new condition for a price I couldnt resist especially since I almost got same $ for the set I replaced.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The location is probably hurting him. It's a nightmare to buy a car from long island. The tolls and trailer restrictions on the parkways make it difficult and expensive to get cars off the island. That and not to offend anyone, but there are so many shady sellers in that area, it puts people off. When I lived in NJ and PA we passed on lots of cars because of those things.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Looks like he made a 4K profit for a new pair of shoes. A good flip

Reactions: HKalin

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Anyone know this car? Like seen it in person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The guy that just sold it bought it off Ebay at the beginning of Dec. for $21k. It looks like he put some new tires on it from what I can see. He started advertising it on Ebay for $32,500 dropped it down to $29k before the end of the listing and then relisted it for $25k. The car sold. It does look like it was a pretty nice car.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
The guy that just sold it bought it off Ebay recently for $21k. It looks like he put some new tires on it from what I can see. He started advertising it on Ebay for $32,500 dropped it down to $29k before the end of the listing and then relisted it for $25k. The car sold. It does look like it was a pretty nice car.
I just looked the car up under completed items, an ad for it finished yesterday and shows no sale.

It might still be available. As for a previous post mentioning Long Island sellers, this car was recently purchased from someone in Oklahoma.

It looks nice in the pictures, as always, have it looked at by a body shop before purchase.

Steve R

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just looked the car up under completed items, an ad for it finished yesterday and shows no sale.

It might still be available. As for a previous post mentioning Long Island sellers, this car was recently purchased from someone in Oklahoma.

It looks nice in the pictures, as always, have it looked at by a body shop before purchase.

Steve R
Jblack said he made a quick $4k on it and when I checked the ad I swore it said sold.

Reactions: Steve R
1 - 11 of 11 Posts