Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have to pull the engine out of my 64.

I think it would be MUCH easier to do so without the front clip being in the way. and then I can also redo the firewall while I have the engine out easily.

looks to me like I can unbolt the radiator support to frame (two bolts, plus bumper), three bolts for each fender to the firewall area, unplug the electrical, and pick it up.

can I? or is this one of those things where it looks deceptively easy?
anything im missing? any reason I shouldn't? or tips for doing it the easy way?

Michael

· Registered
403 Posts
You're right that it's great to have the front end off to do engine work. My project was already disassembled from the firewall forward when I bought it. I think you covered everything that has to be unbolted, except there is a bolt at the bottom of each fender, under the rockers. Also, the power brake booster might be a problem.

If you are saving the paint, tape everything up to avoid scrapes, and get a few friends to lift off the front clip. Good luck!

Jerry:beers:​

· Registered
8,058 Posts
there are a couple of bolts at the bottom of both fenders to the rocker panel area.
there are a couple of bolts from the back of the fender well in the the firewall.
oh yeah the wiring harness is going to have to be removed with the front clip or separately..
if you take the front wheels off the car, it will allow the front clip to come off easier...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.