Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the tilt wheel option on my '64 El Camino. This means I have the turn signal switch that mounts on the lower side of the steering column. My switch is worn out and I have purchased three from different suppliers. All look and function like they all came over from China on the same boat. (JUNK) My question is, are there any decent replacement switches out there? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks:frown2:

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
My son has one in his 65. I believe it is the same. It was acting funny so we took it apart, cleaned it up and it works as intended. Unless you have broken parts, it's most likely just dirty contacts.

Devin

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Devin, I tried taking it off and cleaning the contacts with contact cleaner. No improvement. Think the contacts are just worn out from all the years of use. Best regards, Clyde

·
Premium Member
14,047 Posts
You might try contacting James Hinshaw at Hinshaws Chevelle, sorry, I don't have the phone number, good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts