Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that there is a cardboard filler panel that goes behind the seat and below the window in a 64 El Camino. I haven't been able to find it in ant catalog or on the net. Does anyone know where I could find a picture of this? Thanks Vernon

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Are you sure its for an El Camino? I have never seen anything like that, but in Chevelles, the package tray is usually made from cardboard, and sits below the rear window and behind the seat- maybe that is what you are thinking of..

------------------
Ben Rambow
1970 El Camino SS
My old 1969 El Camino
The El Camino Classics Club
"Whats the matter with the car I'm Driving? Can't ya tell that its out of style..."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I'm talking about a el camino. That's just what I was told and to me it looks like there should be something there or otherwise it just looks unfinshed. My new carpet likes about 2 inches from going all the way to the back of the cab so that is another reason it seems there should be some kind of panel in the back. But who knows, I've been wrong alot more than I've been right. Or at least my wife says so. LOL Thanks Vernon

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is no panel that covers the back wall on the 64-67 El Caminos. There are small cardboard panels for the sidewall area behind the door opening. They are called filler panels. I made a custom panel for my 65.

------------------
Brian TC#1092, ACES#4374
---------------------------------------------------------
1965 El Camino Before Restoration
1981 Corvette

1 - 5 of 5 Posts