Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my friends truck and I haven't seen it in awhile. Basically it blows the main fuse that kills everything except the headlights when he hits the breaks. He's not sure which fuse it is or what the amps is but if I remember correctly he's tried a 25 and a 30 amp. I guess it's hard to read. Everything works fine until he hits the brakes.

He's been putting a lot of money in it and basically stopped driving it.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
There's really no main fuse but I understand what you mean. Does it pop the fuse if you use the turn signals? Do both rear turn signals flash? Do the rear running lights work?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John I'll ask him next time I hear from him. He hasn't driven the thing in about 3-4 months because of this. He's already spent a ton of money and starting to get a little discouraged.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Just trying to narrow it down to the rear wiring or something around the switch.
Those are nice trucks if the bed isn't rotted out. Had a 63.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John the bed is gone. It flew out last summer when he did 100MPH over the American river Hazel bridge with me in the truck. He since then has realized how stupid that was after I told him he almost made Janice a widow. Basically nothing holding the bed on at all. Bolts through the wood planks is what supposed to secures it to the frame rails.

He's 23 so you know how that goes but he's a lot more responsible then it sounds. Just one of those stupid spur of the moment things. I just got of the phone with him and he wasn't sure about the turn signals but he thinks everything works except when he hits the brakes.

I told him to take out both bulbs and see what happens. Original it had a 15 then he put a 20 amp in it.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
20 should do it. If it pops after that test, time to get the meter out.
The planks came out while driving the truck? Musta been a wild ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts