Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy called me up today and asked me to come over to his bosses house for some welding advice. He's working on a trash trailer for work. Anyway, I got there and there is this pretty clean looking 65 Skylark convertable. Really straight, minimal rust, ratty interior, and no top... It's got some kind of v8, I don't know buick numbers, and it looked like it had a powerglide (jetaway?) I was able to take a couple pictures with my cell phone...

I told him to ask his boss if he wanted to sell it, and he said he probably would... What do you guys think its worth?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
Depending on rust issues and how complete the ratty interior is- i'd pay up to $4k.
I've seen much nicer ones on ebay for around $10k

:thumbsup:
If you find out how much he wants and decide to pass on it- could you let me know the details?

I've been looking for a 64/65 skylark ragtop project for a while... Missed a nice one locally on craigslist last year for $3k and I've been kicking myself since...

·
Premium Member
17,401 Posts
another 2 local here on Craigslist in the past few days...
a 65, looks similar (needs full resto but basically complete), asking $5K

Another, 64, with nice paint and interior, but a bench/column, and needign a tune up, asking under $9K...

I might go look at a 64 Skylark hardtop today. "1-year old paint", newer interior (buckets/console) and a Chevy 350 engine, asking $4800...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh... thanks for the info guys! If he says he wants to sell it, and it's out of my price range, I'll gladly pass the info on... This ones got buckets and a column shift. All the glass is good. It's complete. There is evidence of body work on the rear quarters, not sure why though, but it is really straight.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
The engine is probably the 310 Wildcat. My brother has a 65 Coupe that my grandmother handed down to him in the late 80's. She bought it brand new. Its basically an old nailhead style engine.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been checking out ebay and pictures on the internet, and I really like this body style a lot more than the 64-65 Chevelle. Got some more info on the car. The boss is still out of town, but the manager guy said the boss got the car on trade for some work, and he's not really attached to it, so he'll probably sell it... He comes back next week, so we'll see how much he wants...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts