Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between a 1964 and 65 dash incert? Also will 65 incert fit in a 64 chevelle Malibu SS dash?
1970 Chevelle SS
64 Chevelle Malibu SS

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes the they are interchangeable however the 64 is a little flatter face (kinda like the grill front of a 64)than the 65 which comes out to a point. The actual gauges are in the same postion

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
The 64 isn't a little flatter it is flat and the 65 came to a peak along the center line. the gauges look the same, but I couldn't say for sure if they will interchange. If interested I have a cluster with a clock for a 64.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Gold Member #42
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mr SS,
64elcamino is correct. The 64 dash is "flat". I have found that it you use a die-grinder and hog out the larger holes a bit they will accept a full 5" "monster" series tach and spedometer. It looks awesome, and a great costom touch to the panel. I also mounted 1 5/8" gauges in mounting cups hanging upside down just off to the right.
Both dashes are interchangable in both years. The 64 is easier to customize. But I did leave the stock radio and clock. looks cool!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.