Chevelles.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I peppered my passenger vent window when I was grinding the welds on my windshield channel install. Looking on ebay there's glass for $50 shipped, I know you get what you pay for, but checking to see if anyone has purchased and can review? Or if you have another source, please let me know. Will be pulling the glass when I replace the seals, now is the time. Might tint the windows in the future and I know slag melted into the glass wouldn't be a good look.馃榿

Also vent seals. I've replaced the felts and belt line seals on my windows, really shows how bad the vent seals are now. I'm seeing seals from $180 to $40.. Anyone have experience and can recommend any manufacturer? Just ordered interior for my car and would like to get it sealed up.

Thank you!

Premium Member
1967 Chevy Chevelle
I used Metro seals. I have a friend that I just restored vents for that has vent glass he will part with - check your Messages.

Premium Member
Metro here as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the replies, I appreciate the info! Will get Metros headed this way. I used Repop for the beltline felts, not bad, and Precision Replacement Parts window channel, fits really nicely.

Have a couple offers on vent windows, hopefully will have one in the mail soon.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
While I have everyone on the hook, vent window rivets? I will need to remove the pass side to replace the window, but in general, do you need to drill them out to replace the seal?

Rivet a rivet or is one mfg better than another? Any tips for install?

Thank you!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Pushing this back up, anyone have info I the vent window rivets? Mine look flat, unsure I could reproduce?

Premium Member
1967 Chevy Chevelle
What rivets? Down on the frame and channels?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
What rivets? Down on the frame and channels?
No the rivet the vent window pivots on. You can see the flat rivet on my car in this pic. Do I have to remove it when replacing the seal? I will have to figure out a way to replace the glass as the one I purchased has a different mounting system.
0924201702.jpg

Registered
I just replaced both driver and passenger wing glass. You don't need to mess with that rivet. The chrome tab that the thumb operated lock is mounted to comes off with two screws on the bottom. Clean the channel well and I used black silicon sealer. It made a big mess but it is water tight and after I scrapped the excess off looks and works fine... Al
IMG_0084[1].jpg
IMG_0084[1].jpg
IMG_0084[1].jpg
IMG_0085[1].jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the info!

Registered
Has anyone replaced the side glass that is designed to replace the vent window. All glass no vent, I have seen them offered by some of the parts venders. Interested in how they install, I like the look. See a 1970 Chevy truck with them at a car show I liked it more this way but never on a Chevelle in person.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts