Team Chevelle banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Tall deck or short deck? Single or dual quad?

·
Vendor
9,465 Posts
Tall deck or short deck? Single or dual quad?

Run Forest Run...those are terrible.

·
Vendor
9,465 Posts
Does anyone make a reasonably priced sheet metal intake for a 572? Dont want to spend thousands. See many for LS/LT

Thanks,
Bill
If you want power from one going to cost you $3000. If you want looks only the Holley will work.

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
Those looks like the tons that are sold on ebay, ali baba etc.
port dimensions arent much different than a FelPro 1206?

Thought sheetmetal intakes were custom made for a certain application and the drivers needs, not a universal type thing.
OP maybe theres something on racingjunk.com

Marcella intakes....total works of art wow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, trying to go EFI, and really like the looks of the LS sheet metal intakes, which now are reasonably priced. I had one made by precision metal 11 years ago for an LS7. And no, it made virtually no difference on a chassis dyno vs the stock intake, but sure looked nice. Cost 2200 then, now I see them for about 600. Hogan's are around 5000. Don't mind using adapters at this point if I could just find one.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Yes, trying to go EFI, and really like the looks of the LS sheet metal intakes, which now are reasonably priced. I had one made by precision metal 11 years ago for an LS7. And no, it made virtually no difference on a chassis dyno vs the stock intake, but sure looked nice. Cost 2200 then, now I see them for about 600. Hogan's are around 5000. Don't mind using adapters at this point if I could just find one.
Thanks,
Bill
Yeah I wasn’t into the spacer look so I bought a Dart Cast for raised deck and had it ported.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does anyone make a reasonably priced sheet metal intake for a 572? Dont want to spend thousands. See many for LS/LT

Thanks,
Bill
I been doing alot of research and unless you want FiTech or Edlebrock Pro flo XT EFI

Your going to be spending $3,500+ for a custom billet manifold.

I don’t like either ECU so I am trying to see if I can use Edlebrocks manifold and fuel rails with Holley HP ECU, injectors and throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
I been doing alot of research and unless you want FiTech or Edlebrock Pro flo XT EFI

Your going to be spending $3,500+ for a custom billet manifold.

I don’t like either ECU so I am trying to see if I can use Edlebrocks manifold and fuel rails with Holley HP ECU, injectors and throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes you can, a holley ecu doesn't care what manifold it's using. Just like wiring is wiring and injectors are injectors. Just be prepared to have to do some custom work.

·
Premium Member
8,937 Posts
Marcella, Holley EFI.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive super charger part Engineering

1 - 15 of 15 Posts