Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,I refer to the forums all the time to check or confirm what I am doing and always get a great deal of help. I have a 69 convertible and have completely gone through it over the last two years. I just took out a ZZ4 350 with only 2,000 miles and replacing with the ZZ572 620hp. Just waiting for a few more parts and should have it back on the road in a few weeks. Can't wait to hear it!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went through Lemons, I am still waiting to get them. They have a set they just started to produce that will fit between the frame rails and that's what I have ordered. They did say I would have to lift the motor some to get them to fit. I have a lift so I am going to attempt to do it from below first.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Jeff,
Sounds like a great project. :thumbsup:
Where abouts in GA are you located?

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Hello Jeff. I'm sure it will sound great. What diameter headers are they?
What exhaust system do you have?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wild Bill, when does the the Riverstone show start up again? Still the third Saturday of the month?

Jason, Don't be hard on my fan, I just bought the engine, a new rear end, a new drive shaft, and loads of other items. The fan may have to do for now until I can refill my bank account. :)

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Wild Bill, when does the the Riverstone show start up again? Still the third Saturday of the month?
Yes, except in March when it will be held on the 3rd SUNDAY afternoon.
See 'ya there!

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Wow!!!! Luv it.
Allotta power. Black roll bar would look cool to me. I think you are going to need it anyway soon. Especially if you wanna go to the track and keep that nice convertable straight for a long time.
You gonna be lookin for guys with 307 chevelles to race (your original badging will be not quite honest). I am sure they will figure it out when the decibal level hurts their ears.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finally got my 69 on the road again after installing my 572. Man does it pull when I get traction. The headers from Lemons fit like a glove. They have a new set that fits inside the frame rails and the fit between the drivers side header and the steering rod is very close.

While I was at it I updated the rear end with a Currie 9 inch with 3.50 gears and had a new drive shaft built locally. I picked up a new stall converter (3200-3500 stall) and I hate it! When it grabs it is good but not street friendly. I am considering going to a 5 or 6 speed manual but the 572 is not drilled for the clutch boss. Can it be drilled and tapped while in the car?

Very pleased overall and am looking forward to breaking it in and then having some real fun!!:hurray:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello i have a 1969 ss 396 i put a 572 620 hp motor in , i can help you with some things, first i would get the over the rail headers from lemons, you will have them out quite a bit and they are some much easier to deal with, also dont use the stock oil pan it came with , need custom pan i made my own,
the stock one sits on top of a frame doesnot allow engine to tilt. run a alum radiator, northern makes a good one, ditch that fan, for a electric, dont run a 4 speed did that spent tons of money, go with turbo 400 aith ati converter.

good luck hope this was helpful

tom doc

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.