Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a 502X502 crate engine for my '66 Chevelle SS. Has anyone installed one in a 66? Any suggestions on the best source for the engine?

------------------
Thanks,
ccrider
Member #:267
ACES Member #:3379
66 Chevelle SS

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
CC run a search. Alot of folks round here run those. FWIW, bring cr to 10.5, use a larger cam and rect port heads and you can almost touch 700 HP. ( sounds like my next project).

·
Registered
702 Posts
Are you wanting it for racing or everyday driving?
A friend of mine is installing a 555ci gen v bowtie block in a 66 right now. He make 800 hp on just the motor. Close to 1300 with nitrous. Got to do alot to the car to handle that HP.
If you are going for a daily driving the 502 should fit with 66 big block motor mounts. No cutting required. Beef up the supension, brake, Trans, and rear end then drive it. Make it safe to drive.

For pricing there are alot of places to look. Pick up the phone or surf the net for a 502.
http://WWW.SCROGGINDICKEY.COM is a place to start.

Good Luck

------------------
JR
70 396SS El Camino #'s Matching.
69 396SS Chevelle, project "Street Bruiser"
H-D Ultra Classic E-Glide
72 Chevy C20 Flatbed, $500 DRMO sale. Thanks Uncle Sam
I live to own toyz...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. This will be strictly a street/show machine. I was mainly concerned about having to make major changes in the car so that a 502 would fit. I'm still not clear on the difference between the physical size of a 396, 427, and 454.

I did do a search and found some posts about 502's. I was looking for one in particular that I saw a few months back that describes a complete installation, but I can't seem to locate it. Probably not doing the search correctly - will try again.

[This message has been edited by ccrider (edited 12-16-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.