Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had a 502 Ram Jet installed in there car. If so I was wondering how it sounds and how hard it was to put in.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
My local dealer (friendly Chev) quoted me $7200 list and told me they were available. I have not ordered on yet as my customer hasn't made up his mind, but the dealer said nothing about delivery delays.

------------------
"Details Make the Difference"

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Jim Pace performance has has a price of approximatelly $7200 on their web page for a couple of months ago.
YOu might want to double-check on availability. I believe it has been delayed a couple of times already (equals to a few months.)
Here is a link from Sallee Chevrolet discussion board re this engine:

http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Discus/board.html

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Once you hit that URL, click on "Post your questions and answers here."

Then on that page there is a "502 RamJet" topic that you need to click (about 12-15th topic.)

·
Registered
585 Posts
I wasn't convinced that the ramjet was the way to go, so I went with the 502 base and added the Holley 950 Commander setup. Holley was slightly cheaper but what really shines in my opinion is that the holley computer can run either in open or closed loop and when in closed loop will go open at WOT. This will help a lot with gas mileage and tuning. The ramjet runs only open loop. Also, the Holley can adjust timing with a knock senser and will activate nitrous and add the appropriate amount of fuel and alter timing according to a nitrous timing table. Also, you can log and save data with the Holley. BTW, it uses a standard air filter system for a carb instead of the "in the way, pain in the but, draw hot air from the radiator" approach!

I haven't got it running yet to tell you how it runs but according to the features the Holley is the way to go. Here is the URL if interested in finding out more: http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/C950/C950MPFI/MPFIS.html

Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.