Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new altinator that puts out better than 13. A new battery and a new voltage regulator. The car will run fine with a new voltage regulator for anywhere between 5 hours to 5 months. I fried another voltage reg the other day, opened it up to find that the lead wires to and from the coil wrap were toast. I replaced the lead wires checked for proper charging everything checked good and it only got me about 5 miles. Any ideas?

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,276 Posts
Bad grounds? Where does your negative battery cable go? Is there a second, smaller wire off the neg batt post that goes to the core support/ inner fender? Are there ground straps from the engine to the body/ firewall? If all this stuff is good and it's clean, you'll need to check the continuity and resistance of of the blue and white wires that run fron the reg to the alt.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,941 Posts
I had this problem last year with some jobber brand regulators. I finally stepped up to a Delco for about $38 vs $10. No problems since. SSuper Dave

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.