Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't found too much info on guys putting a 4L85 in their chevelles. My biggest concerns are whether it will fit easily and if not, what will it take to put it in. Will it line up with the factory th350 crossover support? I know a shorter driveshaft will be necessary...that is not a big deal. If I go with the 'controlled' model, what type of mods will need to be performed to allow the column shifter to access the gears manually? It would seem that you could probably get her to cycle manually from park through the tranny's second gear, but would not be able to access its first gear (only three detents beyond neutral). Who has taken on such a task?

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
i had a 4l80e in my 69, minor floor bumping, i cut the mount off the front of the x member, moved the x mem under the trans and welded the mount on to the back of it-it was a latter 4l80e, so the return fitting was in the rear, i welded a 90 deg fitting on it so it would clear the floor-didnt use the col shift, as the headers hit the x linkage, but it should be able to work-dont know your skills, but it was a easy install

1 - 2 of 2 Posts