Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being green with engines would this engine be half decent. 454 30,000 over 556 hydralic lift, 292 deration, th400 shift kit , 3200 stall kit reg. rockers, performance intake, 780 holly, vacuum secondary, 30 over , 10-1 com, new cam, new heads , msd ign. What,s it worth running, Thanks Canadian

·
Registered
79 Posts
Find out what year of 454 it is, if it is a four or two bolt main, how many miles are on it, and if it is running- do a compression test on the motor before you buy it.

By 30,000 over, you mean its been overbored 30 thousanths? .030 isn't bad, most 454 blocks can safely go .060", so you could put one, maybe two more rebuilds on this block.

I have seen running stock 454 motors for $1000. If this motor has less than 50K on it, and it is clean and solid (and compression is good) I could see paying $1500 for it, with accessories (ignition, induction). If it is almost no miles, or brand new, it depends on where its coming from. New from dealer/mechanic- $2500-3000, new from some schmo that rebuilt it in his garage with no warantee- $1700, but check it over first before you shell out that kind of money.

This is just my opinion on the situation though. Others will differ.

Wes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.