Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple new pics from today:

Blown Chevelle 1

Blown Chevelle 2

I had fuel fittings problem today which created a fuel leak.

Also, a leak from a plug in the water pump.

Both are going to be fixed tomorrow, I hope.

Darn.

------------------
Picture: My new motor with a supercharger!

Image: Dyno sheet, 700 hp, 700 ftlb

Picture: My blown 468 Chevelle will look like this, in hugger orange

Picture: 69 SS Chevelle

Picture: 396 engine

Picture: My car on the cover of Super Chevy Magazine

Video: 1 meg video of my Chevelle warming up

·
Registered
738 Posts
The epitomy of a true Brute Force Chevelle. Words are getting harder to come by Tony. Keep them coming for us.

BTW, I'd love to see an aggressive stance pic to use as a background image for the ole' PC...and with the hood off please.

------------------
502 Rat Infested 1970 Malibu - Gold Member #39
Keep America Beautiful - Drive A Brute Force Chevelle!
http://homepages.about.com/wescolby/1970bruteforcechevelle

·
Registered
105 Posts
Tonyr,

Thank you! I'm building my 68 with a blown small block.

Your pictures have provided me with much inspiration and goals. I've "framed" your pictures, and hope one day mine will be as nice as yours.

Keep up the excellent work!... And keep us posted.

What did you use for a fuel system? Where did you mount your pump.. etc?

Thanks again!

Gene

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
WOW, that is one bad looking Chevelle. Do you plan on a trip to the track soon? You can't possibly have all of that brute force tied up in that engine compartment and not use it. (I saw your dyno sheet). I just hope your drivetrain is strong.

Jim

------------------
My 70 Chevelle
Best ET [email protected]

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
That pic made me grin from ear to ear. Just plain bad A$$. I honestly am really impressed with your ride, and still cant get over the DE-TUNED to 750, I cant wait for some video clips.

My offer still stands for storing your other mill for you

I want the video!, something anything....man, just push it around the parking lot and tape it, something!

This is like when I was 11 and had bad games in little league, would go home upset and ask mom "How come I cant be as good as the other guys"

"Hey Mom......"

------------------
'70 SS 396 4spd
TC# 1341

"You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me"

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wes,

Thanks, I'll get you background images. My good digital camera is broken so in the mean time you'll see reasonable images, but not great.

Beaumontbob,

I'm sure yours will look awesome!

I use an electric Holley (Black) fuel pump. This is the biggest system they make. The pump is mounted between the tank and bumper. I'll post pictures to my reference.

Epistuff,

If I take it to the track, I plan on rebuilding my tranny first. Because I will blow it on my first run. I will probably get a tranny from JET rated for 1,000 HP.

Midnight,

You've decribed MY feelings

I might sell my old motor. It only has 5,000 miles on it.

I plan on video taping the Chevelle. If you want a copy, I'd be glad to send you one. I need to create a video anyway to send to relatives in Hawaii.

Your quote: "This is like when I was 11 and had bad games in little league, would go home upset and ask mom "How come I cant be as good as the other guys"

I said this 20 years ago. I had a 20 year dream owning a Chevelle. Now it's finally true. I sold my 2000 Corvette for this and it was all well worth it. Don't get me wrong, the Corvette is a beautiful car but a Chevelle is an AWESOME car

More to come!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Tony,

I would like to take you up on the video offer. Let me know what I need to do, send you some cash for the tape and shipping, send you a blank tape, etc.

And if you do decide to sell your old mill, let me know what you're asking, might ne interested.

Beaux

------------------
'70 SS 396 4spd
TC# 1341

"You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me"

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
TonyR, I noticed that car was on the cover of Super Chevy for it's handling... How well DOES it handle, and what kind of suspension set up do you have?

My dream is to make my chevelle pull G's like a C5 vette and outaccelerate it 2-1

for right now, worn out original coil springs and the original 307 are what I must settle for

------------------
Brian
Durham, NC
My Toys:
69 Chevelle Malibu
2001 Camaro SS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.