Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you mean a truck 427 tall deck block engine, buy it now.

The tall deck gives you the opportunity to make either a long or short rod 427 or 454 easily. The head deck is .400 taller than the conventional pass car blocks, pass heads bolt on, intake manifolds from regular deck engines may be used with readily available manifold spacers, a longer distributor will be needed, one is available with an adjustable collar for a universal fit into any small block-tall/short big block engine.

The bare block and caps are worth a small bit more money than the pass car blocks to certain racers.

The overall width of the truck BB is another 3/8 inch from exhaust header face to exhaust header face, not much more.

These engines have lots of aftermarket hop-up parts, but realize there will be some of them that can be quite pricy, not many, just check before believing that there is only one maker of the part you want for it.

I run a tall deck 496 with long rods in my street 496, 4 spd car, and I wouldn't do it any other way now that I have the tall deck block to work with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.