Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, the shifter in my 65 is a factory one . When it's in neutral it always springs over to the 1...2 side of the pattern. It's annoying me because I'm not use to it. Is this right or is there a spring missing somewhere. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
There are no springs in the factory shifter. Not sure why it would spring?

Rebuilding and cleaning up these shifters is easy and worth it. You can do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I've never seen a 4-speed shifter that didn't do that. I always just assumed it was that way to make sure you were ligned up for the 1st to 2nd shift. Even the shifter in my wife's new Mazda 3 5-speed centers that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your responce guys. In my other cars (way back when) I had hurst shifters and both of them would spring to the 3- 4 side in neutral. I thought this was to help with shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I don't know whats right or wrong I'll have to play with it. Under the car I go. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
thanks for your responce guys. In my other cars (way back when) I had hurst shifters and both of them would spring to the 3- 4 side in neutral. I thought this was to help with shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I don't know whats right or wrong I'll have to play with it. Under the car I go. Thanks again
You are soooo correct!! I think I need to lay off the caffene for awhile. :clonk::clonk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts