Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking for advice, if anyone out there knows anything about this

I'm looking for a 4-door parcel shelf. 2-door hard-top shelves are shorter and won't fit.

Ground-Up called last night to say they can't even special order a package shelf for my car, so I'm kind of stuck. I upholster it myself, or I try to find a replacement. BUT WHERE?

------------------
L22, Canadian & Proud of it! http://compcanlit.ca/malibu/

[This message has been edited by jtjohnston (edited 09-19-2002).]

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I'll be watching for a reply too! I understand no one makes one for a 4-door. I wouldn't think a 2-door would be shorter, the cars are the identical width. I was thinking if anything the 2-door would of been bigger and I could cut one down to fit. Hope someone will know of a place to get on.

------------------
Want to make your car really unique and stand out? .... Finish it!

Jeffry Bakken
ACES Memeber # 3994
TC Member # 1755
www.Jeffry72.50megs.com

67 Malibu in Wolf's
Clothing
70 Radical SS Clone
71 El Camino
72 4-door Sport Sedan

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Well I did have to cut mine
to make it work on my 2 door 68, However I also upholstered mine so I'm not sure how much that changed the dimensions. I seem to
remember cutting quite a bit..
They are not all that expensive might be
worth taking a chance..I bet you can return
it as long as its not removed from the plastic.

------------------
best regards
Importtech

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I did have to cut mine[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yours is a 68. What about 70-72s? Any ideas? G-Up will call me back with an answer, but does anyone have real life experience with a 4-door
nowadays ?

------------------
L22, Canadian & Proud of it! http://compcanlit.ca/malibu/

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aks66chevelle:
Why not just make your own? The original is nothing but compressed cardboard. You can then cover it in vinyl and this can be dyed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I still have my original and am wondering if I want to put vynyl on it. It's a 4-door so I'm trying not to make any drastic changes, trying to keep it original if not origianl looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.