Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much work am I in for? I have a nice 67 2dr malibu that has a rusty frame at the front crush boxes, and I just found a 67 4 dr with a cherry frame and a trashed body. I know the wheelbases are the same (115 inches), but are the body mounts in the same location? thanks in advance,Danny

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
I do not a '67, but here is what I would do. Get a service manual with the frame dimensions in it (usually used for crash repair work) and see what the differences are.

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
who is dale? have a 1972 2 door but my frame is finished and powdered coat and i wanna use 1970 4 door frame if i can to do the work. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replys, I picked up the 4 door today and should have it stripped out over the weekend so I can get the frame media blasted. Let the fun begin!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
will your at it you might as well sand the bottom of your chevelle and paint it with por-15 make i like new or something that wont rust to make the underbody look nice a buddy of mine did a frame off resto on his 64 SS and he painted it cortez silver or something and he even painted the bottom of his chevelle silver and clear coated it its super nice and he did the frame like satin black it was the most beautiful resto ive ever seen in my life it was a 283 car and he put the 454 in it my dad sold him long ago runs nice but hes havin trouble keeping it cool he got an aluminum radiator for it it still runs a little hot

·
Premium Member
3,014 Posts
The frames are interchangeable BUT a 6 cyl. frame and a V8 frame have different front springs. If that is the case, you may want to change them to suit your needs. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will definitely rust proof the underside of the body, but this is a driver/bracket racer, so form will follow function. I just picked up a 73 400 small block, and a set of 190cc aluminum heads as well as a two stage nitrous system. HERE rice rocket:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts