Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again guy's,my questions are on the opt radiator cover for the 4 core radiators that has the extra length tab spot welded to it from the factory to accept the thicker 4 core unit.

1)Whats the GM pt# for this when used on a 69 & 70 chevelle ss 396?

2) Anyone have photos of it?

3) I beliveve i saw an NOS one with the extra tab but it had what looked to be an extar hole in it from the factory with a nut tack welded on the back/underside of the cover that was used to maybe attach something to it like an intake hose to carb or something like that. Is that correct for a 69/70 chevelle ss when it has the additional hole on the panel with the blind nut or is that for an Olds,Pontiac,Buick,etc?

4) Did GM make any 4 core radiator covers with the tab welded on it that DID NOT HAVE the additional hole in it with the blind nut on the backside that was poss used to mount an intake hose?

Thanks....scott

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Hi again guy's,my questions are on the opt radiator cover for the 4 core radiators that has the extra length tab spot welded to it from the factory to accept the thicker 4 core unit.

1)Whats the GM pt# for this when used on a 69 & 70 chevelle ss 396?

2) Anyone have photos of it?

3) I beliveve i saw an NOS one with the extra tab but it had what looked to be an extar hole in it from the factory with a nut tack welded on the back/underside of the cover that was used to maybe attach something to it like an intake hose to carb or something like that. Is that correct for a 69/70 chevelle ss when it has the additional hole on the panel with the blind nut or is that for an Olds,Pontiac,Buick,etc?

4) Did GM make any 4 core radiator covers with the tab welded on it that DID NOT HAVE the additional hole in it with the blind nut on the backside that was poss used to mount an intake hose?

Thanks....scott
Scott, here's a few pictures of an NOS one with the part number. It's my understanding that the NOS part was more generic to fit other applications as well. They didn't make an EXACT one for Chevelles only. These NOS parts with the hole and welded nut also fit the Monte Carlo application and the hole is for that shroud bolt. Mine had a dent in it and I put it on e-bay for like 25.00 just hoping to get something for it and it went for like 275. I didn't realize at the time you can't get an EXACT original for a replacement. Also the NOS ones have a couple of cut outs on the left side that originals didn't have. I think Hinshaws offers a close replacement but they are a little different in the tab welding.I've seen these NOS pieces go close to 500. and they are fare and few between. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts