Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
The Edelbrock website recommends Rochester 2GC carbs. Check out their page and Holley to see if there are other options and accessories. Probably need fuel lines, linkage, and Edelbrock says HEI won't fit.

Worthiness is a matter of opinion. Most say that one 4bbl is all you need and one carb is easier to tune...but I've never heard anyone say they didn't like someone else's 3x2 setup.

Tim.

------------------
Proud Owner: '69 Chevelle
Malibu: 350, PG, 3.36 open dif.

"ALL YOUR RICE ARE BELONG TO US!"

http://www.wyatts-torch.com/~dienadel/chevelle/index.html

·
Registered
341 Posts
Let me share my personal experience with tri-power. I had a 66 Catalina with a 400 Pontiac engine from a 68 Grand Prix and it was equipped with a Quadrajet. I used to race a friend that had a 66 Catalina 2+2 with a 421 with a Carter carburator and he would always beat me by a car length. I put a stock Pontiac tri-power setup on my 66 and started beating him by a car..I picked up two car lengths in the quarter. Besides, trips looks cool.

------------------
Never be afraid to try something new.
An amatuer built the Ark,
Professionals built the Titanic.
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Rode shotgun in the ONLY Z16 convertible made.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think you need one carb with choke and 2 without maybe Gene Chas will jump in here for he has 3x2 set up on a big block and will give you the dodo on his setup which should help you out.

------------------
Tom Donaldson
71' GMC Sprint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.