Team Chevelle banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you install a 3rd row seat into a wagon that has the compartment but not the actual seat and brackets? Or do you have to just have a factory equipped wagon with the 3rd seat?

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
It should be possible but all of the factory pieces will be need. Seat, hinges, floor panels. There was also an interior window switch and light in the left rear panel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok awesome info! It's just so hard to find a 3rd row seat wagon but have found some with the compartment. So I was thinking if I didnt get an actual 9 passenger I could make one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1970 to 1972 mainly . I'm looking for a 70 wagon with the 3rd row seat but they are hard to find. So I thought my options might be converting one that has the compartment like in a concours. Or my other option would be to find a 71 or 72 and swap the front end of a 70 on it.

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
There is a nice 1969 third row seat for sale on Chevelle Wagon Facebook page, located in Wisconsin.

You can put a 70 wagon or El Camino frontend on a 68 or 69 wagon, too. But I guess, you wouldn't get a dual action tailgate, that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok good to know! I will have to go check that out. So the 69s dont have the dual action tailgate?

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
The production numbers (Chevellestuff) for 1969 show that most Nomads had conventional tailgates, and some Greenbriars had conventional tailgates. The balance of Nomads and Greenbriars were dual action, and all Concours and Concours Estates were dual action.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts