Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Its been a little bit since I've posted or updated my build thread but lately I've been working on designing and printing some parts for my 1970. First is a 2 step switch housing that bolts right up to the steering wheel, this could also work for nitrous, trans brake, or line locks. I could provide a complete kit with the switch and all for $110 [plus shipping. As you can see on the picture of the Buick it fits a couple of applications. I attached the wire with some bullet connectors as well so it is easy to uninstall for street driving but quick to put back on for track days. The housing is also simple with only having a one bolt instillation.

I also have reverse engineered a steering column cover that I could modify what it says or what you want for $100 give or take plus shipping on some options. If you have any interest you could message me here, email me at [email protected] or DM me on Instagram @TGm_performance.

Also if you guys have anything you'd like designed and printed feel free to contact me and we can work something out! Everything is printed in the USA by myself in NJ, I would love to help you with your project! I hope this is the correct spot to be posting this.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pictures of the steering column cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Could you print a pair of emblems in a matching font but a number combo that doesn’t exist?
I’ve never seen an emblem of the attached font with a “1” in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool... How about radio dash cups for those who want to fix their sweep dash or round gauge dash?

Would you have pictures or broken parts I could work off of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you print a pair of emblems in a matching font but a number combo that doesn’t exist?

Sure! What specifically do you want? Maybe it’s best to email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do they fit other steering wheels? I found one from Forever Sharp and was wondering if it would fit on this one?

The current model wouldn’t be an immediate bolt on part but we could try to work something out!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry all, I hadn’t longed on in a bit and didn’t see these notifications

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

Also, would this be printed in plastic or some type of metal that can be chromed? If chromable (is that a word?) then I have an idea for something as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts

Not handy, but I do have a spare sweep dash I can get you the size for. The sweep style and round gauge dash are different so someone else would have to provide the dimensions for those.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Not handy, but I do have a spare sweep dash I can get you the size for. The sweep style and round gauge dash are different so someone else would have to provide the dimensions for those.
Where are you located?

I am located in NJ

Reactions: 71350SS

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
I thought I had drawn those up for a local 3-d printer guy to print me some, but it fell through & I can't find them. I'll cut you a deal... if you PM me your mailing address, I cut the radio panel out and send to you. You can scan or dimension as needed & I would take a set back once you get them figured out. These are for a sweep dash... The round gauge dashes are slightly different if I remember

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought I had drawn those up for a local 3-d printer guy to print me some, but it fell through & I can't find them. I'll cut you a deal... if you PM me your mailing address, I cut the radio panel out and send to you. You can scan or dimension as needed & I would take a set back once you get them figured out. These are for a sweep dash... The round gauge dashes are slightly different if I remember

Pm sent

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Here's a doc on the parts that need replaced if a Owner want to restore his dash to accept a stock radio I found on this site. This shows the cups for the round gauge dash and the process to replace them. The sweep dash cups are slightly different. If interested in 3D printing these, I could cut out the radio plate in my parts dash and send to you to reproduce the cups. I repaired mine several years ago, but would take a set in trade for if I end up with another Chevelle to fix up down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a doc on the parts that need replaced if a Owner want to restore his dash to accept a stock radio I found on this site. This shows the cups for the round gauge dash and the process to replace them. The sweep dash cups are slightly different. If interested in 3D printing these, I could cut out the radio plate in my parts dash and send to you to reproduce the cups. I repaired mine several years ago, but would take a set in trade for if I end up with another Chevelle to fix up down the road.
did you get my pm? I would like to discuss further. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts