Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the main caps off of a 396 motor to inspect them today and all I found was that they were stamped "5202 lower". Does this give a clue to the size or where can I go to ID these?
thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also they have a logo that looks like a "p with a wing" is the best i can describe it beside the 5202 stamping

·
Super Moderator
13,305 Posts
Might be a Federal Mogul number .... need someone with a catalog that shows the individual bearing numbers in the sets.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
If the bearings are original, they would probably be Delco-Moraine, but I don't know what the flying 'P' would signify. They are not Federal Mogul bearings because the F-M number for the individual bearings is 3191CP for the straight shells and 3192CP for the flanged bearing. In most cases, undersize bearing shells are marked with a size designation, such as .010, .020, etc.
But, like Chris said, you really need to measure the journals to be certain as to what size they are.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, I decided to drop off the crank to get checked and ground if needed. the machine shop said it was standard.
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts